Kyoto University of Advanced Science (KUAS) is an accredited private university located in Kyoto, Japan, one of the most technology-driven countries. KUAS is offering an innovative Engineering program in the English language to meet the global demand for street-smart engineers. KUAS ensures that all its graduates will be ready for career opportunities not only in Japan but also internationally.
Does KUAS offer scholarships?
KUAS is offering various scholarship programs for international students ranging from 30% to 100% full scholarship (KUAS-E scholarship). KUAS also offers a 100% full scholarship with a living allowance for students with outstanding performance (Super KUAS-E Scholarship). This enables international students to obtain quality education in Japan with the minimum worry of affordability. Scholarship programs for undergraduate programs:
Scholarship programs for the postgraduate program:
We are proud to announce the awarding of scholarships to our very own Sri Lankan students for the programs starting in September 2021 and 2022 as follows:
KUAS Scholarships offered for Sri Lankan Students – 2021 and 2022 admission
Can the student work in Japan upon graduation?
KUAS offers multidisciplinary engineering classes, team-based project works and capstone programs that uniquely prepare students to be successful in real-world industry. It is to solve real problems and engineering issues proposed by more than 50 partner companies in Japan. KUAS’s aim is for the students to have the smoothest transition possible upon graduation to work at world-renowned companies and institutions in Japan and beyond.
What are the facilities available in KUAS?
KUAS is equipped with workshops and laboratories with state-of-art machinery and equipment, including thermal desorption analyzers, CNC machines, wire EDM machines, fibre laser cutters, 3D printers, for example.
The newly established furnished and comfortable dormitories await the first-year undergraduate students enrolling to KUAS! Don’t worry about the meals. You will be provided breakfast and dinner at the dorm.
What are the main subjects KUAS offers?
KUAS’s professors come from different parts of the world bringing along with them the very best in their fields. Their specialities are, robotics, mechanical, electrical, mechatronics, material, and computer engineering, for example. Under their guidance and mentoring you will engage in research and learning with an experience that will last a lifetime!
What are the documents that are required for the application?
To apply for the undergraduate program, you will need:
- Cambridge/ Edexcel/ Sri Lankan A/L scores for Mathematics and Physics (in English). Predicted scores issued by the respective school is also accepted.
- Application essay (300-350 words)
- Official academic transcripts (in English) for the last two years
- School Leaving Certificate or Certificates of (expected) graduation (in English)
- Evidence of English language proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL iBT/PTE/Duolingo or Letter of Exemption from the school if the applicant studied in English medium for a minimum of three years.
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher
- Passport copy or NIC copy
Application for the postgraduate program consists of two segments, the pre-application review and the application process. Only the applicants who successfully get through the pre-application review can submit an application.
To apply for the postgraduate program, you will need:
For the pre-application review:
- Curriculum vitae with specific academic information
- A detailed research plan
- Official academic transcripts if all colleges and/or universities attended
- List of research achievements (if any)
For the application:
- Summary of research (ONLY required for Doctoral program)
- Research plan
- Application essay (400-500 words)
- Official academic transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended (in English)
- Certificates of (expected) graduation from academic institutions attended (in English)
- Evidence of English language proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL iBT/PTE/Duolingo or Letter of Exemption)
- A letter of recommendation
- Passport copy or NIC copy
What is the standard procedure for visa application?
KUAS will apply a COE (Certificate of Eligibility) to Japanese Immigration on behalf of the students once they are selected and confirmed the offer. The applicants will have to submit all necessary documents to KUAS, including academic-related certificates, and documents to show the affordability of the tuition fees and living expenses in Japan. KUAS will issue a certificate of scholarship if any. Once the COE is issued and sent to the applicants, they will submit it to the visa centre in Colombo for obtaining a visa.
How much will the tuition fees of KUAS cost? As shown below, the tuition fees of KUAS is less expensive compared with most of the engineering faculties of the universities in England, Australia and US.
Living expenses, including accommodation, food, and personal expenses for a student in Japan would be around USD1,000 per month for example.
Can students work in Japan?
Students can engage in part-time jobs up to 28 hours per week.
Is the university conducting classes and functioning physically? Will students be able to go to Japan to commence the program?
Japan opened its border to foreign students in March 2022. KUAS is conducting classes at their campus with precautionary measures. You would be surprised to find robots in the corridors doing their job of sanitizing the university premises to keep the students safe!
Can I know more details?
Please feel free to contact KMC Lanka Education Service for more details. We are the official representative of KUAS and provide assistance to Sri Lankan students free of charge.
Tel: 077 9800 344 (Shifa – for undergraduate program) , 077 6011 869 (Tamura – for postgraduate program)