Key 2 Learning College (RTO 88191, CRICOS 03644F) is an innovative institution providing vocational education and training, consultancy and professional development services.
At Key 2 Learning College our point of difference is our ability to contextualize training and consultancy to meet your needs. We have experience in continuous improvement, management and service provision across a range of sectors in aged care, health, mental health, disability and education. We believe consultation and partnership are integral to improved outcomes for all. We have qualified and highly experienced trainers and assessors who have direct industry experience.
Students at Key 2 Learning College have high graduation and employment rates. This makes the college the provider of choice for Health and Community Services courses. It is an exciting new era for students to expand their academic and personal life experiences in Australia. College has students from many different countries, and students enrolled with us will experience many cultures in an environment of cultural harmony and empowerment where students can achieve their academic and personal goals.
Key 2 Learning College offers students an unparalleled level of education across a wide range of study disciplines. The College incorporates the latest and most innovative learning concepts and employs highly experienced trainers with extensive industry experience. Courses are practical, work-oriented and students get to practice their skills and knowledge in real life workplaces. This is one of the reasons why our students are well placed to find employment after graduation.
Key 2 Learning College is widely recognised for the quality of its graduates and for its strong partnerships with industry and committed to providing a caring and fostering learning environment for students. The College has articulation pathways with leading Australian Universities with students able to gain entry into Bachelor degree qualifications with up to 1 year of credit.
Key 2 Learning offering following courses to international students:
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
- CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
- CHC62015 Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management
- BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
Outcome Based Assessment (OBA) For Nurses
The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) has transitioned to an outcomes-based assessment (OBA) system for internationally qualified nurses and midwives (IQNMs) who hold an international nursing qualification that is relevant to but not substantially equivalent to or based on similar competencies to an Australian approved qualification. The IQNMs also need to demonstrate that they meet the mandatory registration standards.
The new model of assessment includes: the online Self-check for all IQNMs, an orientation program for all IQNMs who are advised to continue with the assessment process, and an OBA for some IQNMs.
Outcomes-Based Assessment (OBA) is a two-stage assessment process:
- Stage one – It is a cognitive assessment consisting of computer-based multiple-choice question exam (MCQ). This stage must be completed before IQNMs can move to the second stage of the assessment.
- Stage two – Assessed in the form of an objective structured clinical examination (OSCE), it is a behavioural evaluation of IQNM’s knowledge, skills and competence as an equivalence of a graduate-level Australian nurse or midwife.
Key 2 Learning College IQNMs OBA Preparation Program Structure:
The Adelaide Health Simulation and AHPRA/NMBA do not provide NCLEX and OSCE preparatory courses. Key 2 Learning College has developed a comprehensive program for IQNMs to prepare for the NCLEX and OSCE examinations. Key 2 Learning College has intakes starting every month. This preparation program will enable IQNMs to develop confidence and a sound understanding of the NCLEX and OSCE strategies. The program will strengthen IQNMs critical thinking skills with online and classroom based interactive sessions. IQNMs will be provided with contextualised learning guides developed by Key 2 Learning College clinical nurse educators to enhance their understanding and uptake of the NCLEX and OSCE examination requirements. Key 2 Learning College 2 day exam simulation will provide IQNMs with an understanding of the process and examination requirements that IQNMs can expect to undertake at the Adelaide Health Simulation. This will be invaluable for IQNMs that might need to address specific areas of concern or deficiencies prior to the actual examination at the Adelaide Health Simulation.
The preparatory program duration is 12 weeks and the schedule is provided below:
|Module I – NCLEX-RN Preparation||10 weeks (Online)|
|Module II- OSCE (Objective Structured Clinical Examination) Preparation||2 weeks (blended delivery with a 2-day exam simulation at our clinical facilities)|
Learning Objectives: after the completion of this program, the students will be able to:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Australian healthcare system.
- Analyse the roles and functions of registered nurses in the Australian healthcare context.
- Develop an understanding of the NMBA standards of practice and code of ethics for registered nurses.
- Build competencies in delivering culturally safe care to ethnic groups in Australia.
- Review common disease conditions and nursing care plans.
- Develop skills in performing procedures in the OSCE (Objective Structured Clinical Examination).
Global Citizen Exchange Program
It is jointly organised by Key 2 Care Health Solutions and a leading international youth organisation. The program will help you gain all the skills required to become an aged care worker, a personal care assistant, nursing support worker or community care worker in Australia.
This program offers much more than just works experience. When you travel to a new country, you immerse yourself in an entirely new culture and way of life. If you’ve ever wanted to step out of your comfort zone and try something new, while also further developing a rewarding career, this program could be the milestone that changes your life!
Benefits – build your professional profile, while travelling the world and having fun!
- You’ll gain an accredited qualification in Individual Support – CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support. This gives you the opportunity to work in aged care facilities, community care, disability care, hospitals and community based organisations all over the world.
- Improve your intercultural communication skills by immersing yourself in a new culture.
- Develop your international network both personal and professional.
- Further your education opportunities.
- Further your career opportunities.
- Work full time in Australia.
For more details, please contact David.Samuel@bizzadvisorygroup.com.au, CEO of Business Advisory Group and/or Roshen.Paul@key2carehealthsolutions.com.au, Head – International Business Development, Key 2 Care.