The Russian Center in Colombo would like to invite citizens of Sri Lanka of all ethnic groups and social levels to apply for Russian government Scholarships 2021/ 2022.
What does this scholarship include and does not include,
• Tuition, thus education will be provided free of charge$
• Special terms for accommodation at campus hostel (payment reduced to nominal fee)
Does not include:
• Airfare from Colombo to Moscow or return and other transportation charges
• Medical Insurance
• Monthly cost of living (cost of living depends on the city. In Moscow it will be around 300USD per month and it will be considerably lower in other regions)
• Documents translation costs
Medium: The medium of studying in Russian. All the selected applicants will get a 01 year Russian Language course at the selected university, tuition-free of charge.
How to apply;
On January 20, an admission campaign for foreign citizens to Russian universities will start. The opportunity to become a student for them is provided free of charge under a special quota of the Russian Government.
For the first time, foreign students living abroad who want to study in Russia will be able to apply for study in electronic form on the website of the state information system “Education in the Russian Federation for Foreigners” (GIS ORFI).
*The deadline is February 20, 2021.
GIS ORFI is a new service, a “single window” that will provide a completely transparent process: from filing an application, selection to support, including migration support.
*Please submit your applications to – https://education-in-russia.com
Read the details on the website before submitting the application. Answers for all your questions can be found on the web site.
The selection will take place in two stages.
The first one is carried out by Rossotrudnichestvo representative offices, Russian Embassies and foreign missions, registration is done at https://education-in-russia.com Based on the test results, a list of candidates is formed according to the quota allocated for the country.
The second stage of selection is conducted by Russian universities under the Ministry of higher education of the Russian Federation when considering the dossier of candidates.
If you want to learn more about the opportunities of educational organizations of the Russian Federation on the admission of foreign citizens within the state quota, please visit the portal https://education-in-russia.com
• Russia, World’s biggest country has over 700 universities that could be chosen by the applicants. Up to 2 universities from the same city may be selected on your priority list.
• Living cost is higher in Moscow & St. Petersburg. If you choose the universities in other cities your living cost will be much or two times less.
• To apply you need a valid passport, expiring in not less than 6 months from the date of entering Russia (scheduled to September 2021). We recommend applying with a passport with a minimum validity of 01 year
• You also need an Educational certificate (A/L) or diploma certified from the Ministry of foreign affairs in Sri Lanka, a Birth certificate, HIV, and Medical reports to apply.
For further details contact the Educational officer of the Russian Centre in Colombo
Mobile; 0777828385 (Whatsapp)